Friday, May 2, 2008

♪♪ Happy Anniversary Baby... I Got You on My Mind! ♪♪

Negril, Jamaica May 2, 2000
Wow, time flies. I am so happy to say I have been married to my wonderful husband eight years. Which also make this year our ten year mark for knowing each other.
I'll never forget our trip to Jamaica. It was a seven day fantasy. We had so much fun. I could go on all day about the many stories to tell, so I'll keep it short.
Here are some funny things I remember about that morning...
  • Me sitting in the spa for an hour getting my hair done up, then going straight to the room and taking it down.
  • Getting to the beach and noticing that ugly arch was going to be in my wedding pictures (even though I told them I didn't want it).
  • Being blinded by the sun and squinting in all our pictures.
  • All the passers-by pausing their morning activities to stop and watch our wedding.
  • Our Jamaican (pre-selected) best man and bridesmaid had the names Marky Mark and Lisa Lewis... That is their real names. Have the certificate to prove it!
  • Zac being put on the spot by his best man to get up and give a toast to his new bride.
  • Running around the resort to take wedding photos with our bare feet scualding on the pavement.
  • #1 best reason to get married on the beach- Our wedding started at 10:00 am. We were married, had a little awkward reception, pictures were taken, and we were in our bathing suites lying on the beach at 11:00 am.

Hopefully we will make it back to that same location for a future anniversary. Until then, we will happily raise our sweet baby Walker and live the life we started eight years ago.

I love you Zac and Walker... You two boys are my life!

3 comments:

Ashley Turnbull said...

Oh, what a fun story! I am so glad you shared that - you will have to fill in more gaps between high school and present time, like how you guys met, etc. I mean, it's been SO long! Anyway, loved the picture and the story...happy a-day!

Tegan said...

I agree with Ashley...do tell more! Happy Anniversary! Dave and I will be married 7 years in September...WOW! Love all the pretty flowers also!

Steph said...

Wow, was that really 8 years ago? Happy Anniversary! I love your blog, and all the updates!