Tuesday, July 7, 2009

McFarland Park- July 4th & Thomas the Train- July 7th

This 4th of July we decided to go over to Florence to watch their fireworks show at McFarland Park. We thought we'd make a week end out of it and get a hotel room. HA! Boy did we wait till the last minute to make that decision (literally Friday morning). All the good hotels were booked solid so we made the decision to stay in the Jamison Inn (it was the only one we would even consider that had a room left) but later found out we would have to put it on our "not to be considered" list. Anyway while there we went for a quick dip in the pool. Zac began to chuckle as he read the pool rules aloud...
Please read rule # 7

This was especially funny to me since I found two long hairs in our supposed to be clean bath tub! Gross! I noticed Walker's feet were black after a quick run through the room. I was very upset at this point and made him stay on the bed the whole week end. If not, I was cleaning feet constantly. Zac thought I was going overboard on that until he looked at his feet after putting together a stroller (we left ours at home so we had to fly over to Target to buy one). They were BLACK!!! HA! He went straight to the front desk and showed them his feet. We probably laughed a good 30 minutes from that. He said, "Man, I'm not complaining, but in the time it took me to put together a stroller, this is how black my feet got. Ya'll need to clean the floors." The man's face was so red and he apologized. LOL!

We spent the whole day at the park. There were several things to do, like look at old cars...

After toting Walker around in the blazing sun, that's when we decided to go to the nasty hotel, let Walker take a nap, and get a stroller!


Finally, after waiting all day, the fireworks lasted, hmm, a measly 10 minutes, maybe.

But Walker LOVED them! He watched and smiled as each one burst in the night sky.
We had a good time, but have decided next year we will move on to Guntersville to see that fireworks display. Who knows... maybe I can talk Zac in to going somewhere new every year, even to see Macy's fireworks. HA! Yea right.
And finally... Thomas the Train! We went to the Von Braun to see the show and Walker loved it. Here are a few of the pictures from the show. I thought I shouldn't bore you with all the ones I took. Enjoy!




1 comment:

Steph said...

Hey L.A.! You look so cute in the pics and the rest of your little fam seems to be doing well. hadn't heard from you in forever and wondered how you are. when are you due, etc? love ya!
Steph W.