Friday, May 1, 2009

Swine Flu

First the thought of lead poisoning from China made products made me really second guess everything Walker touched. Now here comes the wonderful and comforting news that any public place could be hazardous to your health. Well, since I work in a public school I have to say it is a little scary. Especially since a large population of my students are Mexican. I'm not racial profiling or anything, but come on... they have family members, including the kids, that go back and forth to Mexico all the time. Not to mention, the county and school system next door found two cases there so they shut down school for seven days. Oh, and ten probable cases there as well. No reason to panic at this point. But as soon as they say it is in Athens, don't think I will not shut Walker and my pregnant self up in our house.
The school I teach at has been given orders to do the following precautionary steps...
  • everyone that enters the building is squirted with hand sanitizer
  • no more using the water fountains
  • no more self service in the lunchroom
  • can not use napkin dispensers
  • all doors must be left open
  • all computers and headphones are sprayed with Lysol after every use
  • buses are cleaned after morning and afternoon rides
  • no more hugs

To alot of people in the school, this is excessive and showing panic before there needs to be. I don't know. I try to look at it as this is how it should be anyways. I'm a germ phob!!!! Anyone who knows me knows I don't like to touch anything a kid has touched. That may sound bad since I'm supposed to be a loving teacher...HA!...But if you have seen as many noses picked as I have, you would feel the same way.

I leave you with this thought... Don't let your kid do this! For the record, I don't know this kid, I just thought it was funny.


1 comment:

Katie said...

Any update on Baby Walker?? Do we know if it is girl or boy?