Friday, April 11, 2008

Outside Fun












I am so thankful to have warmer weather. I would much rather be outside playing than stuck in the house. We just got Walker his first kite and he LOVES it! After Walker and I flew the kite, we went to visit Hank, the sheep dog. Walker thinks Hank is the greatest. I noticed a few duck eggs lying around, which isn't unusual. The dogs usually find them and enjoy a tasty treat. But Hank for some reason became fond of one of the eggs. He would carefully pick it up in his mouth and carry from spot to spot. He would lay next to it and act as if he was protecting it. At this point I took a picture of this somewhat unusual behavior. Don't let this fool you. He later dropped it next to a hay bale, hiked his leg on it, and had himself a tasty treat. ? Anyways... When I use the word "duck" Walker likes to flash me his duck face. Some of you have been blessed to see this cute sight. It is hilarious!


While I love my son more than life itself, I cherish the moments he is with Zac doing guy stuff. I can't believe the time has come for him to do things with his daddy. I've tried very hard to catch all of Walker's "firsts" in pictures. He went out with Zac to plant some trees in the back pasture. Sure he was covered in mud when he came in the house, but it was well worth it. I love watching those two play and do things together. There is something special about a bond between a father and son. There is no doubt in my mind, Walker is going to be an outside kid. Being a teacher I know several kids who simply don't play outside. Why? How can you not want to run, play, and explore as a kid? What's happening to our society? Everything has changed from when I was a kid. That's not that long ago! Was it? All I'm saying is... AMERICA, shove your kids outside and get them off the couch! While you're at it, teach them some manners!


Sorry. I am now off my soap box.

1 comment:

Tegan said...

Amen! Those pictures are so cute! I can't wait until Tripp can go play outside! You all are living David's dream life...on a farm. Walker will grow up with such fond memories of being a boy and being outside full of adventures. David grew up on a bunch of land with horses and four wheelers etc. I'm sooo glad you are blogging.