Saturday, August 1, 2009

Fayetteville, TN. Day Trip

Project Nursery: It took me a while, but I now see the finished project... a pink and ivory Toile nursery with white furniture and a touch of turquoise accents. Walker is at my mom's for the week end so I thought this would be the perfect time to get started. Zac and I went up to Fayetteville so I could get my fabric from Sirs. I am so glad we went there b/c they have awesome prices! My mother is a master seamstress so she will be making the curtains, bumper pad, bed skirt, and pillows. She made Walker's nursery and big boy room curtains and such so I know how wonderful things will turn out. The room was inspired by a nursery I saw in Pottery Barn. I can't wait to get started on putting it all together. We are about to undergo construction of adding a new room which will end up being the new office. Our current office is the room the nursery will have to be in, so I have to wait for that first. I know I only have about 2 months left before baby girl gets here, but heck... when I was this pregnant with Walker we sold our house in Auburn, bought a house and moved all our stuff to Athens, I interviewed with the Athens School System (got hired, thank God), moved all my classroom stuff to a new school, and setup a house and nursery all in time for Walker's arrival. Everything will be fine. I just can't wait to be sitting in our settled house holding her and Walker knowing everything is just as I pictured my life at 31 years old... crazy but wonderful. LOL!




Here are a few on my first finds for the nursery...

Toile fabric with the stripe fabric for accents...

I found this bowl at The Ivy Wreath on Fayetteville's square.




When we got back to the Athens Square, I stopped off at Belles and Beaus to get this perfect white wood spindle crib. I want to use old furniture in the nursery so this was a perfect find. All it needs is a paint touch up. The best part... I got it for $29!!!!

No comments: